Float Spa Preparation
- Avoid caffeinated beverages for several hours beforehand to reduce the chances of having the jitters.
- Don’t shave or wax at least 8-12 hours before you float.
- One person per pod unless you book a couples float package.
- You must wait 5 days before floating after you have had any chemical processing of your hair. We ask that you wait to book your appointment until there is no dye running from your hair as you shower.
- You must wait 5 days before floating after you have had any spray tanning done.
- We would prefer you wait until cessation of your menstrual cycle, you may float if you are prepared as you would for swimming. You would be held liable for any contamination and sanitation of the pod.
Enjoying Your Float
- One float is from 60 to 90 minutes. However, you may exit the pod at any time within your purchased float package time.
- We suggest you eat beforehand. This way your empty stomach won’t cause for a distraction during your float.
- We provide everything you need (one towel, earplugs, a comb, body wash/shampoo etc…) Each room is fully private, and you may go into the tanks nude, or “if you prefer” bring a bathing suit.
- If you are a contact lenses wearer you may want to bring something to put your contact lenses into while you’re in the pod.
- Falling asleep is perfectly normal and expected due to the complete relaxation you’ll experience.
- You will be in complete control of your float environment. You can control the color and mood of the pod lighting inside as you float.
- We provide Vaseline for sealing any small scratches, scrapes, or cuts. Like going to the beach, salt water can sting a bit if it gets into an opened wound.
What If I Am Claustrophobic?
You’re always in control of your float session, meaning you can open/close the lid at any time, keep the lights on/off, and can choose to play music if that helps you relax. Once you let yourself float calmly, you will notice any prior anxieties or nervousness diminishes. Some people with extreme claustrophobia have reported having no problems with their time in the pod.
Can I float if I am Pregnant?
We encourage pregnant mothers to float to help relieve many of their back pains associated with their pregnancy. There is even a special position you can float in that relieves all the weight of the baby, off the mother’s body. In some cases, due to the extreme silence in the pod, mothers have heard their baby’s heartbeat. If you are in your third trimester or have any concerns, please consult with your physician prior to booking your appointment.
How Sanitary Is It?
- Each pod has an advanced 24/7 ozone filtration system that is working when the pod is not in use.
- After every float session, the state of the art filtration system comes on automatically.
- There is also a fine particle filter and surface skimmer to ensure overall cleanliness.
- In addition to the state-of-the-art filtration system, the 1000 pounds of Epsom salts inherently have antiseptic properties.
- The salts dissolve bacteria and inhibit bacterial growth.
- We clean the tanks and the water is tested many times throughout the day and kept stable with natural and safe chemical components.